One of my most loved and dreaded parts of the day, is taking off my makeup…
Why you may ask?
Some days I feel put together, I may have really liked my outfit choice, my hair cooperated well, my eyeshadow combination turned out better than I thought and I don’t want to wipe away my efforts.
Some days I get home from school and all I want to do is take a loooooong hot shower, throw my hair in a bun, put on sweats or semi embarrassing pyjamas *currently wearing the cutest sloth pattern EVER* and wipe away my makeup of the day.
BUT having skincare products that work efficiently, effectively and do not require tons of time have become my saviours lately. Who wants to spend 5 minutes removing stubborn mascara? Not this girl.
While my skincare routine varies depending on the state of my skin that day, these are some of my staple products that I use regularly to keep my skin clean, exfoliated and *try* to keep acne at bay.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water
I have only recently discovered my LOVE for micellar water. It may sound or seem like a hoax, but it works!. It is a better bang for your buck compared to purchasing expensive makeup remover wipes every month, a little goes a long way. All you need are some cotton rounds or a reusable wash cloth and you are set.
Why I love it:
- Easy and relatively mess free.
- No harmful irritants.
- Micelles (cleansing oil molecules) attract dirt and oil without drying the skin.
- No rinsing required.
- $$$ friendly.
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream
In the past, I have been hesitant to trying Retinol because to this day it does not have the greatest reputation. However, at this point in my skin journey, I am willing to try anything that I can to keep my sensitive skin in check. I decided to try Drunk
Elephant’s version of Retinol, as the brand is known for staying clear of essential oils, added fragrance, silicones and chemical screens. Also, DE is featured in my 3 Brands On My 2019 Wishlist so I decided to give the brand and Retinol a try.
Why I love it:
- Can easily be mixed in with other serums, oils and moisturizers.
- Low maintenance (1-3 times per week as recommended).
- Absorbs quickly into the skin without a greasy residue or sticky feeling.
- Skin appears brighter and properly exfoliated after each use.
- A bit pricy but the results have been amazing!.
fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask
Clay masks have been a saviour for my skin over the years, they gently exfoliate and dry out impurities from the skin. The reason I enjoy this clay mask over others is that it…
- Dries in 10 minutes.
- Can be used as a face mask, exfoliating cleanser, and spot treatment.
- Dries into a pale green shade *cute*.
- Poors are minimized and skin is soft and subtle.
- Blemishes are reduced and become less prominent after use.
Kate Somerville EradiKate
This is not considered a best selling acne treatment for NOTHING! This sulphur based spot treatment is targeted towards those pesky and irritating bumps, pimples and blackheads. Which happen to pop out at the worst times ever.
Why I love it:
- AHA and zinc heal blemishes and reduce the appearance of acne.
- Helps prevent future breakouts.
- Dries in seconds and doesn’t stain clothing, sheets or pillows.
- Visible difference after each use.
- Doesn’t leave a burning or uncomfortable feeling on the skin.
What have been your go-to skincare products lately? I am always on the hunt to
find some incredible skincare options!
Also, checkout Michelle Phan’s night time skincare routine below for more product recommendations! She was one of the first beauty influencers I discovered over 10 years ago ah!
Until next time,