For several years, I have come across different versions of the makeup tag in which people answer different makeup related questions in order to be bring a more personal and fun approach to the concept of beauty/makeup.
After researching different Makeup Tags I came across this post by Vouge&Vibes, which is a 20 question beauty/lifestyle Q&A post that encompasses questions that revolve around personal preferences and brands.
So, I thought I would answer these questions in order for you to get a closer and personal view into my makeup journey!
What do you love about makeup?
- Makeup can be very versatile and that is why I am intrigued to continue trying new makeup. Each day I can explore new techniques, use different products, try out styles and overall experience the joy of applying makeup. I can try to justify it more, but simply, I feel good wearing makeup and enjoy every process.
How long does it take for you to do your makeup?
- I wish I could say 5-10 minutes ⏱ but in reality it’s really 20-40. if I am running late it is probably because I procrastinated and spent too long deciding how to do my makeup that day.
Do you remember your first makeup item?
- I vividly remember begging my mom to buy me a CoverGirl eyeshadow trio at 14, and I don’t know how or why I remember the shade name, but I do: Shimmering Sands.
Will you leave the house without makeup?
- Honestly, it depends on how my skin appears that day. I have dealt with skin issues for 10 years now and although I have come to accept it, I still prefer the way I look with makeup on.
Anastasia Beverly Hills: Liquid Lipstick in Crush
Name a makeup crime that you hate!
- Everyone has different preferences and I believe that makeup is so personal and customary. However, if i had to choose, I would say over drawn eyebrows that look unnatural but, thats just a personal opinion. YOU DO YOU!
What product do you buy mostly?
- It would have to be foundation, I typically repurchase foundation around every 2 months.
What is a makeup product that you cannot do without?
- Concealer because its not as heavy as foundation and I would need something to cover up my 🐼 eyes!
Favourite makeup hack?
- Wetting/misting a eyeshadow brush to create a foiled look on the eyes! Obviously looks best with shimmer shades.
Matte colour or lip gloss?
- Matte all the way! Easy, no fuss and stays put.
Do you wear fake eyelashes?
- I ❤️ the look of fake eyelashes but my patience for them is limited. Plus, I do not attend many events where I would necessarily like to wear them. So in short, no.
What is your most cherished beauty makeup product?
- This might sound dumb since I no longer have the item in my collection but…. the Urban Decay Naked palette will always be a stand out. Ultimately I used up a lot of the colours that I liked and decided that I did not have a use for the palette anymore.
Favourite makeup brand?
- Maybelline! I have purchased foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, power, lipstick and more and its a great drugstore brand.
What is your skin type?
- It varies per season, but I would generally say ‘combination oily’.
How many times do you wash your face daily?
- Twice, morning and night.
Any cleansing tip?
- Invest in a good cleanser, it really makes a difference! my favourite brands are fresh, REN, and Kate Somerville.
Any Acne story?
- For many years I let my insecurities about my acne get to me, but now at 23, I have fully embraced the fact that I am acne prone and I just deal with it day by day.
Do you like trying out new skincare products or do you stick to a routine?
- I really enjoy trying out new skincare because I feel as those the industry has really started to create amazing products without added chemicals, fragrance or synthetics.
Your key to healthy and bright skin?
- Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Instead of answering the final question… I encourage you to answer some of these yourself and let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,